Welcome to Military Auto Brokers. By becoming a referral agent you are joining a group of military professionals who desire to serve their fellow soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines by helping facilitate their next vehicle purchase. Next to purchasing a house, a vehicle purchase ranks as the largest single purchase most families make. We want to give our fellow military members the most value for their hard-earned dollar. Our business model is simple and straight-forward: We locate nearly any vehicle our customers want nationwide and sell it to them for $499 over NADA clean trade-in value. The customer may pick up the vehicle or have it shipped to their residence. You as the referral agent will make $100-$200 per referred deal that results in a sale (based on the source of the vehicle). We operate on volume, not on a high profit margin, so it is important that Military Auto Brokers is known for excellent value and customer service.
All of our agents work through company Auto Brokers. Their job is to serve both you as the agent and the customer in their search for the perfect vehicle. You will receive business cards with both your information and company information. When you speak to potential customers you are the first representative of Military Auto Brokers and it is imperative all company representatives act in a professional manner with nothing less than 100% honesty and integrity in all of our dealings. We do not want to promise anything we are unable to deliver. Our military brethren deserve nothing less than our best. We will build a successful company by providing service that exceeds their expectations.
The process from referral to final delivery is as follows:
1. You as the agent gain leads by talking with friends, family, co-workers, advertising etc.
2. You will use NADA.com to give quotes on the vehicle a customer desires. This can be done in person, over the phone or the internet. MAB uses the NADA clean trade-in value since we intend to sell clean, mechanically sound pre-owned vehicles. We add $499 to the trade-in price and that is the price the customer will pay for the vehicle. Once we have the type of vehicle requested and the quoted price the company broker goes to work finding it by searching auction databases and participating dealers around the country.
a. MAB adds a $199 Document preparation fee that pays for all of the paperwork completed to each state’s DMV standards, mailing fees, 30 day temporary tag or transfer of tag paperwork and any time our registration clerk spends getting signatures, paperwork, titles etc.
b. Tax, Tag and Title fee is based upon the customer’s county and state of residence.
c. A Transportation fee is optional if the customer wants their vehicle shipped to their residence. Generally this is $100-$300 depending on the distance.
3. The customer may work through you as the referral agent or directly through the Broker as they get price quotes and make their buying decision. This is based on customer preference and the referral fee is paid to you in either case. It is more efficient for the customer to work directly with the Broker, but again we want them to feel completely at ease with the process so you, as a familiar person may be the most beneficial.
4. The Broker is able to email pictures and descriptions or simply describe the vehicle over the phone. The Broker may locate a vehicle at a dealership located near the customer and negotiate a $499 over clean trade-in deal with the dealer. Once the customer decides on a vehicle they want they will close the deal with the Broker. The customer can use their own source of financing or we will assist in financing through one of our partner banks.
5. Once the sale is made our title clerk will complete the required paperwork, the car can be picked up or delivered based on customer preference.
6. You will be paid $100-200 for each referred deal closed based on the source of the vehicle. MAB will supply you with a 1099-MISC tax form at the end of the year.
7. As an added benefit you as agent of Military Auto Brokers are entitled to unlimited personal vehicles at Trade-in value (no $499 mark-up) after just one referral per year.
8. Many of our agents wish to run this as a small home-based business. This allows deductions for expenses such as:
Vehicle expenses – mileage driven or depreciate your vehicle cost
A home office deduction, computer, internet, cell phone
Equipment, tools, furniture used in the business
Travel, meals, licenses, fees, taxes, postage
Thank you for your interest in becoming a valued member of our team. We wish you much success and we are here to assist you in any way we can. Call or email me to get started – I will provide the initial training and business cards to get you set-up with a broker.
Scott Jestice, Lt Col, USAF, Retired
Military Auto Brokers 6232 East Hwy 98, Panama City Florida 32404